Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thessa and Robert, McDonalds Campus

On a beautiful Fall day I had the pleasure of photographing the engagment session of Thessa and Robert. I love engagement sessions, it gives me the opportunity to bond with the couple and take my time creating images without the pressure of a normal wedding day. I like to photograph two types of session, a casual one and then one more romantic and formal. This session was a delight since the weather was absolutely fantastic that day and the McDonals University campus has so much to offer. After our session at the pond, they changed clothes into a more formal attire, Thessa looked stunning. When I went to the back of the hotel and saw the deck overlooking the pond, I knew I had to create some images there. With the summer gone, the deck has been let dry and had a very monochromatic feel to it, almost like a fishing pier, I thought it was a very romantic setting. After the daylight was gone, we proceeded indoors and I used the multiple paintings that the hotel has hanging on the walls as backdrops to create very unique images that I absolutely love. Thessa and Robert, you inspired me to create these images of the two of you, thank you for being so willing to do anything I asked you to, I confess I can't wait for your wedding day next year!